- ×Show All
This module is in Active LTS mode, new features are no longer accepted.
(See Module Long Term Support Policy below.)
LoopBack 3 users looking for new features are encouraged to upgrade to LoopBack 4. Refer to loopback-next#1849 for more information on how to upgrade.
LoopBack is a highly-extensible, open-source Node.js framework that enables you to:
- Create dynamic end-to-end REST APIs with little or no coding.
- Access data from Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, SOAP and other REST APIs.
- Incorporate model relationships and access controls for complex APIs.
- Use built-in push, geolocation, and file services for mobile apps.
- Run your application on-premises or in the cloud.
LoopBack consists of:
- A library of Node.js modules.
- Yeoman generators for scaffolding applications.
- Client SDKs for iOS, Android, and web clients.
LoopBack tools include:
- Command-line tool
loopback-clito create applications, models, data sources, and so on.
For more details, see https://loopback.io/.
Module Long Term Support Policy
LoopBack 3.x is now in active LTS.
This module adopts the Module Long Term Support (LTS) policy, with the following End Of Life (EOL) dates:
Version Status Published EOL LoopBack 4 Current Oct 2018 Apr 2021 (minimum) Loopback 3 Active LTS Dec 2016 Dec 2020 Loopback 2 Maintenance LTS Jul 2014 Apr 2019
Learn more about our LTS plan in docs.
The LoopBack framework is a set of Node.js modules that you can use independently or together.
The LoopBack community has created and supports a number of additional connectors. See Community connectors for details.
StrongLoop provides a number of example applications that illustrate various key LoopBack features. In some cases, they have accompanying step-by-step instructions (tutorials).
See examples at loopback.io for details.
- API documentation.
- LoopBack Announcements
- LoopBack Google Group.
- GitHub issues.
- Gitter chat.
Contributions to the LoopBack project are welcome! See Contributing to LoopBack for more information.
One of the easiest ways to contribute to LoopBack is to report an issue. See Reporting issues for more information.