a 2D rigid body physics engine for the web
Filed under gamesShow All
- Circle Stack
- Compound Stack
- Air Friction
- Static Friction
- Beach Balls
- Stress 1
- Stress 2
See how others are using matter.js physics
- Patrick Heng by Patrick Heng
- USELESS by Nice and Serious
- Secret 7 by Goodness
- New Company by New Company
- Game of The Year by Google
- Pablo The Flamingo by Nathan Gordon
- Les métamorphoses de Mr. Kalia by Lab212
- Phaser by Photon Storm
- Sorry I Have No Filter by Jessica Walsh
- Fuse by Fuse
- Glyphfinder by überdosis
- Isolation by sabato studio
- Rigid bodies
- Compound bodies
- Composite bodies
- Concave and convex hulls
- Physical properties (mass, area, density etc.)
- Restitution (elastic and inelastic collisions)
- Collisions (broad-phase, mid-phase and narrow-phase)
- Stable stacking and resting
- Conservation of momentum
- Friction and resistance
- Sleeping and static bodies
- Rounded corners (chamfering)
- Views (translate, zoom)
- Collision queries (raycasting, region tests)
- Time scaling (slow-mo, speed-up)
- Canvas renderer (supports vectors and textures)
- MatterTools for creating, testing and debugging worlds
- World state serialisation (requires resurrect.js)
- Cross-browser and Node.js support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE8+)
- Mobile-compatible (touch, responsive)
npm install matter-js
Visit the Getting started wiki page for a minimal usage example which should work in both browsers and Node.js.
Also see the Running and Rendering wiki pages, which show how to use your own game and rendering loops.
See the list of tutorials.
The engine can be extended through plugins, see these resources:
Building and Contributing
To build you must first install node.js, then run
This will install the required build dependencies, then run
npm run dev
to spawn a development server. For information on contributing see CONTRIBUTING.md.
To see what's new or changed in the latest version, see the changelog.
See the wiki page on References.
Matter.js is licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Liam Brummitt
This license is also supplied with the release and source code.
As stated in the license, absolutely no warranty is provided.