Filed under dataShow All
Rapidly build rich data portals using a modern frontend framework
What is Portal.JS
🌀 Portal.JS is a framework for rapidly building rich data portal frontends using a modern frontend approach. Portal.JS can be used to present a single dataset or build a full-scale data catalog/portal.
- 🗺️ Unified sites: present data and content in one seamless site, pulling datasets from a DMS (e.g. CKAN) and content from a CMS (e.g. Wordpress) with a common internal API.
- 🔋 Batteries included: full set of portal components out of the box e.g. catalog search, dataset showcase, blog, etc.
- 🎨 Easy to theme and customize: installable themes, use standard CSS and React+CSS tooling. Add new routes quickly.
- 🧱 Extensible: quickly extend and develop/import your own React components
- 📝 Well documented: full set of documentation plus the documentation of Next.js and Apollo.
- 🚀 Next.js framework: so everything in Next.js for free: Server Side Rendering, Static Site Generation, huge number of examples and integrations, etc.
- Server Side Rendering (SSR) => Unlimited number of pages, SEO and more whilst still using React.
- Static Site Generation (SSG) => Ultra-simple deployment, great performance, great lighthouse scores and more (good for small sites)
Check out the Portal.JS website for a gallery of live portals
Access the Portal.JS documentation at:
What happened to Recline?