- ×Show All
Select2 is a jQuery-based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and pagination of results.
To get started, checkout examples and documentation at https://select2.org/
- Enhancing native selects with search.
- Enhancing native selects with a better multi-select interface.
- Nesting optgroups: native selects only support one level of nesting. Select2 does not have this restriction.
- Tagging: ability to add new items on the fly.
- Working with large, remote datasets: ability to partially load a dataset based on the search term.
- Paging of large datasets: easy support for loading more pages when the results are scrolled to the end.
- Templating: support for custom rendering of results and selections.
- IE 8+
- Chrome 8+
- Firefox 10+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 10.6+
Third party developers have created plugins for platforms which allow Select2 to be integrated more natively and quickly. For many platforms, additional plugins are not required because Select2 acts as a standard
- Drupal - drupal-select2
- Meteor - meteor-select2
- Ruby on Rails - select2-rails
- Wicket - wicketstuff-select2
- Yii 2 - yii2-widget-select2
- Angularjs - mdr-angular-select2
- Bootstrap 3 - select2-bootstrap-theme
- Bootstrap 4 - select2-bootstrap4-theme
- Flat UI - select2-flat-theme
- Metro UI - select2-metro
Missing an integration? Modify this
READMEand make a pull request back here to Select2 on GitHub.
Select2 supports multiple languages by simply including the right language JS file (
dist/js/i18n/nl.js, etc.) after
Missing a language? Just copy
src/js/select2/i18n/en.js, translate it, and make a pull request back to Select2 here on GitHub.
You can find out about the different ways to get in touch with the Select2 community at the Select2 community page.
Copyright and license
The license is available within the repository in the LICENSE file.