Semantic empowers designers and developers by creating a shared vocabulary for UI.
Filed under user interfaceShow All
Semantic is a UI framework designed for theming.
- 50+ UI elements
- 3000 + CSS variables
- 3 Levels of variable inheritance (similar to SublimeText)
- Built with EM values for responsive design
- Flexbox friendly
2.5.0 Release (Oct 6, 2022)
Semantic UI is now compatible with Node 18 and Gulp 4.
Please help us keep the issue tracker organized. For technical questions that do not include a specific JSFiddle test case (bug reports), or feature request please use StackOverflow to find a solution.
Visit our contributing guide for more on what should be posted to GitHub Issues.
npm install semantic-ui # Use themes, import build/watch tasks into your own gulpfile.
Semantic UI includes an interactive installer to help setup your project.
- For more details on setup visit our getting started guide.
- To learn more about theming please read our theming guide
Environment Install Script Repo CSS Only
npm install semantic-ui-css
CSS Repo LESS Only
npm install semantic-ui-less
LESS Repo LESS plugin
npm install less-plugin-semantic-ui
LESS Plugin Repo EmberJS
ember install:addon semantic-ui-ember
Ember Repo Meteor - LESS
meteor add semantic:ui
Meteor Repo Meteor - CSS
meteor add semantic:ui-css
CSS Repo Bower
bower install semantic-ui
Check out our integration wiki for more options.
- Last 2 Versions FF, Chrome, Safari Mac
- IE 11+
- Android 4.4+, Chrome for Android 44+
- iOS Safari 7+
- Microsoft Edge 12+
Although some components will work in IE9, grids and other flexbox components are not supported by IE9 and may not appear correctly.
Please do not post usage questions to GitHub Issues. For these types of questions use our Gitter chatroom or StackOverflow.
Submitting Bugs and Enhancements
GitHub Issues is for suggesting enhancements and reporting bugs. Before submiting a bug make sure you do the following:
- Check out our contributing guide for info on our release cycle.
- Fork this boilerplate JSFiddle to create a test case for your bug. If a bug is apparent in the docs, that's ok as a test case, just make it clear exactly how to reproduce the issue. Only bugs that include a test case can be triaged.
When adding pull requests, be sure to merge into the next branch. If you need to demonstrate a fix in
nextrelease, you can use this JSFiddle
- Chinese A Chinese mirror site is available at http://www.semantic-ui.cn.
- Right-to-Left (RTL) An RTL version can be created using our build tools by selecting
rtlfrom the install script.
- Translation To help translate see the Wiki Guide for translations.
Resource Description Bugs & Feature Requests All bug submission require a link to a test case, and a set of steps to reproduce the issue. You can make a test case by forking this JSFiddle, then submit your bug report on GitHub Issues Live Chat Join our Gitter.im Room Newsletter Updates Sign up for updates at semantic-ui.com Additional Resources Submit a question on StackOverflow or ask our Google Group
Places to Help
Project How To Help Next Step Localization Help us translate Semantic UI into your language Join our Translation Community SCSS SASS needs PR to support variables inside
Add Pull Request for #739 Angular Help develop angular bindings Reach Out on GitHub Issues Guides & Tutorials Help write guides and tutorials Join the discussion
If you'd like to start a conversation about Semantic feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com