Migration to version 4 instructions here
Slim is ultra fast, native and elegant library for web components development
Slim.js is a lightning fast library for development of native web-components and custom-elements based modern applications. No black magic involved. It uses es6+DOM native API and boosts up HTML elements with superpowers.
Is this another framework?
Nope. It's a slim code layer that adds framework-like power to your custom elements, using only the browser's native capabilities. Here's what you get:
- Automatic rendering using templates
- One-way data binding, derived from templates
- It can be extended: Anyone can add custom plugins or directives
- It feels like a framework (in a good way), but it's not limiting you to work with any.
- It's as small as 3.4 KBytes (gzipped)!
- Single file for core functionality, and your'e good to go.
- No tools required, everything is based on native browser API. Choose your own tools.
- (Optional) Decorators for es-next syntax, via babel
- Works with mixins from other libraries, such as Polymer
Version 4+ Changes and Migration
- Package files supports es6 native modules - i.e. import/exports.
- For no-modules approach, every file has a filename.nomodule.js
- Directives are in separate files, to reduce core package size. For using directives:
import 'slim-js/directives/repeat.js' import 'slim-js/directives/if.js' import 'slim-js/directives/switch-case.js' // Or if you need them all import 'slim-js/directives/all.js'
- For the no-module approach place in your html the following ```html
or alternatively use the es6 native modules in your browser