Filed under user interfaceShow All
Road to 2.0
masterbranch has a new, in-progress version of w2ui. You might want to consider 1.5 branch that is stable and supports older browsers. Here are the goals for the new version of w2ui.
W2UI v.2 no longer requires jQuery as a dependency. You can download it from the master branch and at the moment, it is stable enough to be considrered for a Release Candidate. All demos have been updated to work as ES6 modules without any dependencies.
The library has a small footprint (120KB gzipped) and has NO DEPENDENCIES (as of v2.0). W2UI can be used in Vanilla JS projects, ES6 modules, as well as in Angular, React, and Vue based projects.
The library implements the following UI controls:
- w2grid - an advanced Grid component - demo
- w2toolbar - a Toolbar component - demo
- w2sidebar - a Tree/Sidebar component - demo
- w2tabs - Tabs - demo
- w2form - Forms - demo
- w2fields - various Fields - demo
- w2popup - a Popup component - demo
- w2layout - a Layout component - demo
- w2utils - various utilities - demo
The complete library is under 100Kb (minified & gzipped).
Current stable version is 1.5 (supports older browsers). Current development version is 2.0.
You can download latest stable version here: http://w2ui.com. If you want to use the dev version, see the
dist/folder in the master branch.
To start using the library you need to include into your page:
- w2ui.js (or w2ui.min.js)
- w2ui.css (or w2ui.min.css)
All the controls and their css classes are defined inside of these two files. There are no image dependencies. Some images and font icons are embedded into the CSS file.
There is no requirement for a server side language. Node, Java, PHP, ASP, Perl or .NET will all work, as long as you can return JSON format from the server (or write a converter into JSON format on the client). Some server side example implementations can be found here.
Documentation & Demos
You can find documentation and demos here:
Have a bug or a feature request? Please open an issue here https://github.com/vitmalina/w2ui/issues. Please make sure that the same issue was not previously submitted by someone else.
It is a Node.JS repository, so you need to have node installed to install all dependencies and compile w2ui.
To compile JS and CSS, run
It will bundle all necessary files into
- demos - all demos, same as on w2ui.com - dist - compiled JS and CSS files - docs - stand alone documentation, same as on w2ui.com - es6mods - ES6 modules playground - libs - external libs, some used in demos, etc. - server - server api samples (to get you started) - specs - test automation - src - source JS files - less - LESS files (source for css) - locale - int18n - translation to other languages - test - manual testing files
Who Is Using W2UI
If you're using
w2ui, I'd love to hear about it, please email to
email@example.com name of your project and a link to a public website or demo, and I will add it to the list.
Your contributions are welcome. However, a few things you need to know before contributing:
- Please check out the latest code before changing anything. It is harder to merge if your changes will not merge cleanly.
- If you are changing JS files - do all changes in /src folder
- If you are changing CSS files - do all changes in LESS in /src/less/src
- If you want to help with unit test - do all changes in /qa
- If you want to change documentation - do all changes in /docs
- If you want to add demos - do all changes in /demos