Filed under user interfaceShow All
Road to 2.0
masterbranch has new, in-progress version of w2ui. You might want to consider 1.5 branch that is stable and supports older browsers. Here are the goals for the new version of w2ui.
The library has a small footprint (115kb gziiped) and has only one dependency - jQuery, though, it is one of the goals of 2.0 to remoe jQuery as a dependency. W2UI can be used in vanila JS projects, ES6 modules, as well as in Angrular, React and Vue based projects.
The library implements following UI controls:
- w2grid - an advanced Grid component - demo
- w2toolbar - a Toolbar component - demo
- w2sidebar - a Tree/Sidebar component - demo
- w2tabs - Tabs - demo
- w2form - Forms - demo
- w2fields - various Fields - demo
- w2popup - a Popup component - demo
- w2layout - a Layout component - demo
- w2utils - various utilities - demo
The complete library is under 100Kb (minified & gzipped).
Current stable version is 1.5 (supports older browsers). Current development version is 2.0.
You can download latest stable version here: http://w2ui.com. If you want to use dev version, see
dist/folder in the master branch.
To start using the library you need to include into your page:
- w2ui.js (or w2ui.min.js)
- w2ui.css (or w2ui.min.css)
All the controls and their css classes are defined inside of these two files. There is no image dependencies, some images are embedded into CSS file, as well as font icons.
There is no requirement for a server side language. Node, Java, PHP, ASP, Perl or .NET all will work, as long as you can return JSON format from the server (or write a converter into JSON format on the client). Some server side example implementations can be found here.
Documentation & Demos
You can find documentation and demos here:
Have a bug or a feature request? Please open an issue here https://github.com/vitmalina/w2ui/issues. Please make sure that the same issue was not previously submitted by someone else.
It is a Node.JS repository, so, you need to have node installed to install all dependencies run
To compile JS and CSS, run
It will bundle all necessary files into
- demos - all demos, same as on w2ui.com - dist - compiled JS and CSS files - docs - stand alone documentation, same as on w2ui.com - es6mods - ES6 modules playground - libs - external libs, some used in demos, etc. - server - server api samles (to get you started) - specs - test automation - src - source JS files - less - LESS files (source for css) - locale - int18n - translation to other languages - test - manual testing files
Who is Using It
If you're using
w2ui, I'd love to hear about it, please email to
firstname.lastname@example.org name of your project and a link to a public website or demo, and I will add it to the list.
Your contributions are welcome. However, few things you need to know before contribution:
- Please check out latest code before changing anything. It is harder to merge if your changes will not merge clean.
- If you are changing JS files - do all changes in /src folder
- If you are changing CSS files - do all changes in LESS in /src/less/src
- If you want to help with unit test - do all changes in /qa
- If you want to change documentation - do all changes in /docs
- If you want to add demos - do all changes in /demos