Blueprint for modern web development
Filed under application tools › frameworksShow All
Wee is a front-end framework for logically building complex, responsive web projects.
Mobile-first CSS framework with configurable reset and mixin library
- Central configuration for style normalization
- Feature toggling to minimize build size
- Structured breakpoints to organize responsive logic
- Print styling to generate print-optimized pages
- Foundation of utilities, helpers, and controller structure
- Chainable DOM traversal and manipulation with familiar API
- Routing library to flexibly associate endpoints to actions
- Event handling to bind actions to elements
- Data loading for Ajax and JSON interaction
- HTML5 history and PJAX navigation to create dynamic experiences
- Data management that connects to localStorage and sessionStorage
- Message mediation between modules and components
- Breakpoint watching for efficient media query callbacks
- Built-in server for local static development
- Live reloading of assets and markup
- Ghost mode to mirror actions across multiple browsers
- Install the Wee CLI by running
npm install -g wee-cli
Then create a new Wee project:
- Download the latest release
- Clone the repository using
git clone git://github.com/weepower/wee.git
npm installfrom the project root to install the build dependencies followed by
weeto launch it
Node.js 6+ is recommended for the build process.
Wee officially supports all major browsers including IE11+ and Safari 9+
Have a bug or a feature request? Open a new issue.
Automated testing generously provided by BrowserStack.
Wee adheres to Semantic Versioning in the form of MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH. Regardless of version we recommend thoroughly reviewing the release notes before updating.
Keep track of development and news by following @weecss on Twitter.
© 2017 Lewis Communications. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.